- Building Machine Vision Systems for Industrial Applications.
- Developing Indigenous Machine Vision software.
- Handling Applied and Academic research in Vision.
- Handling Sponsored Projects for various agencies-DRDL, AICTE, & Industries.
Auto Align Phase I :Developed a Machine Vision System to evaluate Shell misalignment.
- Sanctioned Amount: Rs. 20.70 Lakhs
- Project Commenced on Dec1999
- Project Completed on Dec 2002
- Research Centre Imarat, Hyderabad
AICTE MODROB: Vision Systems Laboratory
- Sanctioned Amount: Rs. 8.00 Lakhs
- Amount Spent: Rs. 13.62 Lakhs.
- Date of commencement: 19.04.2002
- Date of Completion: 19.05.2004
- Duration of the Project: Two Years
Auto Align Phase II :To develop a Machine Vision System to evaluate Shell misalignment .
- Sanctioned Amount: Rs. 14.50 Lakhs
Remnant Sheet Metal Project :To develop a Machine Vision System to acquire the images of remnant sheets.
- Amada Soft, Chennai
- Developing a set of Machine Vision experiments for European Union Cross Cultural Programme on “Virtual Instrumentation on Robotics and Telematics”.
- Repeatability Analysis of Robot using Vision
- Wall following robot
- University of Wurzberg, West Germany,
- University of Madrid, Spain,
- Anna University, Chennai,
- Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai.(CSE, ECE &Mechanical Departments)
- Workshop on Machine Vision during 19 & 20 Oct. 2001 @ TCE., Sponsored by M/s. National Instruments, Bangalore and M/s. Online Solutions Chennai
- Workshop on World Class Manufacturing during 16 & 17 Aug.2002 @ TCE Key Resource : Dr.Sheik Meeran University of Birmingham, United Kingdom.
- First National Workshop on Computer Vision, Graphics & Image Processing - WVGIP 2002 during 15-16 Feb.2002 @ TCE, Jointly with IUPRAI, IIT Delhi, ISI Kolkatta and ECE Dept., of TCE
- Second National Workshop on Computer Vision Graphics & Image Processing - WCVGIP 2004
- during 14-15 Feb 2004 @ MITS Gwalior, M.P, Jointly with IUPRAI, IIT Delhi and ECE Dept., of TCE
- Summer school on Advances in visual object recognition and retrieval jointly with ECE department & IUPRAI, 4-8, July, 2011.
- 5th Indian Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing (ICVGIP – 2006) during 13th -16th December 2006 @ TCE, jointly with IUPRAI, IIT Delhi and ECE Dept., of TCE
INTERFACE WITH INDUSTRIES
- Research Centre Imarat, Hyderabad (DRDL).
- National Instruments, Bangalore.
- TVS Motor Company, Hosur
- Siemens, Bangalore
- APNA Technology Solutions, Bangalore
- Sundaram Fasteners, Madurai.
- AMADA Soft India, Chennai
- PC Vision Plus Frame Grabber with 4 MB onboard memory
- Two nos. of 2/3” Progressive Scan Cameras
- 6mm Micro Camera
- Standard Lens Kit
- Distortion less Macro lens Kit
- Telecentric lens 55 mm,
- 2/3” Close focus Zoom lens 18-108 mm
- Variable Magnification CCD Lens 12.5-75mm
- Varifocal lens and Filters - Red/Green/Blue
- Fiber Optic Illuminator
- LED Ring Light
- Focal length Finder
- Depth of Field Target
- Grid Distortion target
- IEEE Target
- Resolution Target for Field & Contrast
- Star Target
- Precision Ronchi Rulings Glass slides
- Concentric Square Target
- Image Analysis Micrometer
- Opal Glass with cross line Target
- Camera copy stands
- XY Metric stage
- Sherlock 32 Machine Vision Software
- Runtime License for MV tools software
- NI IMAQ Vision Software
- OLIVE Software
- Ph.D work on “Analysing the effect of operating parameters on the accuracy of camera calibration”
- P.G. Thesis works on
- Error analysis in camera calibration
- Evaluation of calibration methods
- GA for camera calibration
- Camera calibration applications
- Camera calibration accuracy studies with DOE
- U.G. project works on
- Machine vision systems